With more than 30 years engineering experience we are well placed to advise and deliver on a wide range of garden buildings and structures, including extensions, summer houses, conservatories, swimming pools and hot tubs.
We work with modern and traditional materials and pride ourselves in combining innovative solutions built to the highest quality which integrate perfectly with our garden design.
Our mission is to exceed our customers expectations and this is achieved by acting on our customers requirements with creative flair and enthusiasm and providing the greatest attention to detail.
Should you choose our service this is how we proceed:
Upon initial contact:
- Consultation – on site. Talk through requirements and budget. Briefly discuss possibilities and any problems to overcome.
- Sometimes a feasibility study is required to investigate and more accurately define scope and likely project cost.
- Provision of a fee proposal with outline project scope and cost / time estimate included.
After instruction to proceed:
- Appraisal phase
- Client brief – define in more detail client requirements
- Site survey – plot size and levels, details of what is to remain.
- Site analysis – soil type and condition, micro climate, surrounding sights and sounds.
- Site survey and analysis drawing
- Sketch design phase – often the site survey drawing or photographs marked up with options and sometimes a simple 3D model or sketch elevation/ perspective view prepared. Mood board, photographs and samples of materials/plants that could be used. Provides visualisation of the design.
- For larger landscape projects, with a varied land or building use, a master plan would be produced. This provides a strategic overview and is used for planning.
- Final design phase – garden layout plan, elevations, sections, perspective views and 3D model (can be with walk through) all as required to define and visualise the project. Planting plans, elevations, plant list to define and locate all planting. Plant maintenance schedule.
- Construction detail phase – drawings, specifications, work sequence. Project cost estimate (this is established in rough form at an early stage and then developed over the life of the project). Project plan developed and maintained.
- Manual drawing and sketching
- Computer drawing and visualisation – Auto CAD, Vectorworks.
- Google sketch up 3D modelling.
- Plant data base (in excess of 3,000 plants).
Types of project and materials we can specialise in:-
- From courtyard to country estate
- From contemporary to cottage garden
- House extensions and garden buildings developed in harmony with the landscape
- Roof gardens
- Living walls
- Sunken trampolines
- Garden architecture
- Outdoor fabrics
- Metalwork, gates and railings
- Difficult areas- Slopes, tree covered areas, Irrigation and drainage problems
- Interlocking blocks, particularly for earth retaining walls
- Bespoke water features – cascading waterfalls, ponds, fountains, swimming pools and hot tubs
- Bespoke external lighting for atmosphere and security
- Hard landscaping – driveways and patios, decking, paths, walls, fencing etc
- Gardens – courtyards to country estates
- Schools – attractive relaxing/learning gardens to creative play areas
- Landscapes – Public parks, commercial premises planting
- Housing developments